|First Student Office||724-863-1185||Sara McDermott
|Penn-Trafford School District
724-744-4496, ext 5
Important: Please make sure your house number is visible so our drivers stop at the correct house/address. Thank you!
High School Bus Line Up
Operation Warrior Watch
Penn Township Police Department is supplying general information regarding School Bus Laws in Pennsylvania.
Non-Public Schedules 2020-21
(The pick up and drop off times on these rosters are approximate and were put in place for the first week of school. If you would like a definite time for a bus stop, please call the transportation department 724-744-4496, option #5 or First Student 724-863-1185.)
Rules and Reminders
Student safety while riding school buses is a shared responsibility between students, parents, bus drivers, and school officials. Since riding a school bus is a privilege, students are required to follow rules. Failing to cooperate may result in parents having to provide transportation. Cameras are in operation on buses for safety purposes.
Reminder to all motorists: It is a violation for a vehicle to pass a school bus while the red lights are flashing!
Here are some additional reminders for students in order to maintain safety:
- Ride only the bus to which you are assigned. Board and get off at your designated stop. (In extreme emergencies, only the principal may authorize a change.)
- Wait quietly at the bus stop, off the road and away from traffic
- Board buses in an orderly fashion and quickly select or proceed to your assigned seat. Bus seats are designed for three (3) students to a seat. Do not reserve seats for friends.
- Talk quietly so the driver is able to hear traffic sounds. Talking is not permitted when the bus is at a railroad crossing.
- Get permission before opening windows and keep hands, head, books, and other articles inside the bus.
- Stay seated at all times and stand only when the bus comes to a complete stoop.
- Keep the aisles clear.
- Do not hit or push other students.
- Smoking is prohibited.
- Students should arrive at the bus stop at least 5 minutes before the scheduled arrival for the bus.
- Arrival times of the bus may vary according to weather and traffic conditions.
- Thank you for your cooperation!!
Due to scheduling, buses will not wait for students!