Our Foundation - PTCEF
Penn-Trafford Community Education Foundation
The Penn-Trafford Community Education Foundation exists to support educational programs within the Penn-Trafford School District, a school district that serves the communities of Penn Township, Trafford Borough, Irwin Borough, Manor Borough, and Penn Borough.
To ensure the highest level of educational innovation by supporting students, faculty, and staff with community involvement in a partnership of lifetime learning.
- to raise private funds to enhance and expand educational opportunities for our children.
- to foster excellence in teaching through classroom grants for teachers.
- to augment the core academic curriculum by providing funds for innovative technology, programs to support instruction, and safety of our students.
- to promote a balanced education by funding Art, Music, and Drama programs, as well as beautification efforts in our schools.
- to support education initiatives by student clubs and organizations.
- support after school sports, physical education, and student social activities.
- to develop supportive relationships between the schools and community that enrich our children's education.
- to encourage parent, family, and community involvement in our schools.
- support capital improvements such as upgrading library facilities to create media centers, building outdoor classrooms, and creating Weather Bug stations.
Become a P-T Partner and take pride in knowing that you have helped today's learners to become tomorrow's leaders. Your help and support will greatly impact the quality of education we can provide for the students of Penn-Trafford. It is through the generosity of our community--parents, teachers, and local businesses--that our goal can become reality. All PTCEF donations are tax-deductible.
If you contribute through The United Way (Southwestern PA), use reference code 90000186.
Money raised by the PTCEF goes straight into Penn-Trafford classrooms. Teachers are encouraged to submit grant requests to the foundation each Spring. Here is a partial list of projects that PTCEF funded.
PTCEF Board of Directors
The Penn-Trafford Community Education Foundation is led by a volunteer board of directors comprised of educators, parents, and community members who recognize the need to enhance the public education of our children by raising private funds.
- President - Dr. Matt Harris
- Vice President - Phil Kochasic
- Treasurer - Megan Massarelli
- Dawn Andrews
- Denise Capoccioni
- Dan DiNapoli
- Denise Fenk
- Kristy Giovannitti
- Andrea Henzler
- Amy Horvat
- Melissa McGhee
- Melissa Swauger
- Sona Van Ysseldyk