The current PTSD Logo (shown above) is an officially registered trademark of the Penn-Trafford School District. If the logo is misused or misrepresented in any way, such actions will be subject to legal penalties as allowed by law. Anyone interested in obtaining permission to use the PTSD Logo is asked to contact Mr. Kerry Hetrick to make a request. Please include your name and contact information, the business or organization you represent, and how you wish to use the logo.
Mr. Kerry S. Hetrick, Athletic Director
PTSD Logo Licensing
Licensing terms and fees for use of the logo will be determined by which of the following applies:
- By District-Affiliated Groups - No royalty will be charged if the Licensee is a student, student organization, parent organization, or other District affiliated school-support or booster organization using the District logo to promote a group of students, an activity or event, a campus, or the District, and the use is in furtherance of school-related business or activity. The Athletic Director or designee shall determine, in its sole discretion, what constitutes use in furtherance of school-related business or activity and is authorized to revoke permission if the use is improper or does not conform to District policy.
- For Display - A fixed fee of $250.00 per school year is payable on execution of this Agreement and on each annual renewal date of this Agreement by the Licensee that grants permission to use the District Marks and Logos on print and digital display items. These include but are not limited to, items such as banners, online and print advertisements, flyers, postcards, letterheads, etc.
- For Merchandise Items - A fixed fee of $500.00 per school year payable on execution of this Agreement and on each annual renewal date of this Agreement by the Licensee that grants permission to use the District Marks and Logos on merchandise items intended for sale to the public. These include but are not limited to, items such as clothing apparel, mugs, water bottles, bags, accessories, etc.
The Penn-Trafford School District permits the for-profit sale of items to the community containing the trademarked PTSD branding provided that:
- Businesses and entities enter into a licensing agreement
- PTSD Branding and Logo may not be used in connection with any of the following:
- Any product that competes with any exclusive licensee of PTSD, either directly or indirectly;
- Any product that criticizes or disparages PTSD, or otherwise has a tendency to injure the reputation of PTSD;
- Any product or printed matter that promotes, describes, or endorses activity or behavior that is unlawful or against District Policy, Regulations, or Student Code of Conduct;
- Any product or printed matter that promotes, describes, or endorses activity or behavior that, if performed, would constitute a safety hazard;
- Any product or printed matter that promotes, describes, or endorses activity, behavior, or beliefs that can reasonably be deemed offensive to any group of persons, including without limitation activity, behavior, or beliefs related to race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability or age; or
- Any product or printed matter that contains a statement, speech, graphic, or textual work that is obscene, defamatory, or slanderous, subject to First Amendment limits.